Control-c not working in rxvt

Please forgive me if this is a basic question, but I've searched google
and the cygwin mail archives and can't find the answer. (Actually,
someone asked the same question on the mailing list, but no one
responded.) While using rxvt, I can't use control-c to exit a running
program, i.e. pressing control-c does nothing. From the default bash
shell, this works fine. I would appreciate your help. Thanks.

Chuck