SNDCTL_DSP_CHANNELS ioctl not implemented

Hello.

I compiled a program intended for Unix on Cygwin. It has a slight problem:
sound does not work because the program tries to call the SNDCTL_DSP_CHANNELS
ioctl on /dev/dsp, and it fails.

Looking at the source code, that ioctl is not implemented in fhandler_dsp.cc,
although it is defined in the header file.

fhandler_dsp.cc implements a similar ioctl, SNDCTL_DSP_STEREO, which takes
the arguments, increments it by 1 and sets the variable audiochannels_ to
the result. Maybe SNDCTL_DSP_CHANNELS would be identical, just without the
increbent by 1, but I am no expert so I cannot be sure.

Is it possible to implement SNDCTL_DSP_CHANNELS in future versions of Cygwin?

Tiscali ADSL SENZA CANONE:
Attivazione GRATIS, contributo adesione GRATIS, modem GRATIS,
50 ore di navigazione GRATIS.  ABBONARTI TI COSTA SOLO UN CLICK!
http://point.tiscali.it/adsl/index.shtml