Re: Using gcc 3.3.3

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 07:32:56AM -0000, Ben Taylor wrote:
>I tried building 3.3.3 using 3.3.1, which didn't work when doing 'make
>bootstrap'.  But then I did a successful 'make bootstrap' of 3.3.2
>using 3.3.1.  The bootstrapped 3.3.2 works fine, and claims to have
>been compiled by itself not 3.3.1.  Even -mno-cygwin works fine on it.
>So I'm now happy, in that I've used my 'on-a-plate' compiler to compile
>myself a better one.  But I'm greedy and curious, I want more.  So now
>I've included in the path environment variable the path to this before
>the cygwin path, and I'm now trying to make bootstrap 3.3.3 using
>3.3.2.  Do you think it should work?  When I type 'man patch' it says
>'no manual entry for patch', do I have to install this extra?
>
>And what of this Chris geezer, does he have a known email address?  Can
>he be contacted to be asked questions such as this?

You must not be paying attention.  I (and others) have been responding
to this thread on the mailing list.  To answer your question: I have no
desire to enter into personal dialogs about cygwin.  That's why we have
a cygwin mailing list.

Also, just in case it isn't clear, we will eventually be releasing gcc
3.3.3 (and even 3.4), too, so this exercise is pretty much academic.
--
Christopher Faylor
Cygwin Project Leader