Fwd: Re: Cygwin Text File Line Endings

--- Begin Message --- I no longer participate with the same interests to the Cygwin project. You need to voice your concerns with cygwin@cygwin.com.

Earnie

Eric Blossom wrote:

Dear Mr. Boyd,

I read with interest the Cygwin FAQ section about DOS/Unix line endings. The FAQ claimed it was adapted from a mailing list missive that was written by you. However, it does not match my experience. I have a program that I've been using for over a decade now with success on many differnt computers. It fixes line endings. It reads text files in in binary mode and writes them out in text mode. This does not work with cygwin. The line endings come out as a single LF character. The FAQ makes it sound like it should come out as CRLF. Perhaps the FAQ should be updated, or perhaps I'm just confused.

all the best,
Eric Blossom