Re: already registered with AC_CONFIG_FILES

Igor, David,

Thanks for your replies. Your guesses were absolutely right, it seems to be a bad EOL problem.

I followed Igor's suggestion and looked at the output through a hex editor, and now the actual error message is:

> > configure.ac:3814: error: `\r' is already registered with AC_CONFIG_FILES.
> > autoconf/status.m4:848: AC_CONFIG_FILES is expanded from...
> > configure.ac:3814: the top level
> > Autom4te::FileUtils::xsystem(/usr/autotool/devel/share/autoconf/Autom4te/FileUtils.pm:29

There is no actual variable name (...which would have been hidden), unless you consider \r a variable name ;-))

I did try PERLIO='crlf', but it didn't help. I set (and exported) it from the shell, but I'm not sure whether this was the right
thing to do.

Generally speaking, I don't really know what to do with the above error message, and what the next debugging step could/should be.

Any ideas? Thanks a lot.

-Mario

P.S.: I have CygWin 1.5.9-1 on W2K, additional system data are included in the attachment