Re: gcc-3.3.1-3 popup error persists.

On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 11:18:53PM -0400, Larry Hall wrote:
> At 10:02 PM 4/5/2004, you wrote:
> >this is getting on my nerves a little...
> >
> >The error that I'm getting through gcc-3.3.1.3 is persisting, and shows no signs of
> >going away. Its a popup error:
> >
> >-----
> >----
> >gcc.exe - Application Error
> >----
> >
> >The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022). Click OK to terminate
> >the application.
> >-----
>

> You may want to update your '/etc/passwd' and '/etc/group' files by running 'mkpasswd -l -d >/etc/passwd' and 'mkgroup -l -d >/etc/group'.  It's not
> clear that your current files should be causing you any problem but this
> should eliminate any possibility.

I did this a while ago - its not the problem. The files default permissions for
install are 644; change a dll to 666 and you still get the error.

It seems that in order to link runtime to a dll you need the executable bit set.
Which is what I do.

> You do realize you have multiple versions of these tools in your current
> path right?  Perhaps thinning this out to include just the version of the
> tools you want would be helpful in pinning things down.

thanks for the tips, but this is all sort of moot - I am compiling to a non-standard
location which I put at the front of my path. I'm truly starting from scratch,
taking /bin out of my path and putting links into a bootstrap directory which point
to /bin.

One might think that this is the problem - except that when you add /bin back at the
end of the path, the problem still persists. Hence I'm pretty sure the probs are with
source installs.

Ed