Re: compilation with -mno-cygwin

Hans Horn wrote:

I light of the recent gcc performance comparison, I tried to compile a
number crunching application (for which I have noticed a significant
performance degradation of a factor 2-3 since the days of gcc2.9.x) using
the -mno-cygwin flag.
I get a shitload of crap like the following :

g++ -c -mno-cygwin -ansi -DGCC3X -DLINUX -DINLINE=inline -fno-default-inline
-W -Wno-deprecated -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -mcpu=pentium4 -march=p
entium4 -mfpmath=sse -O2 -I./ -o xyz.o xyz.cpp

<snip>

For a start, you shouldn't treat -mno-cygwin like linux (-DLINUX). -mno-cygwin turns g++ into a "pure" windows C++ compiler (hence the name of the flag).

-mno-cygwin should end up with files identical(ish) to those obtained by mingw I think.. what compile line did you use for that?

Chris
--
Badger, Badger, Badger, Badger, Badger, Badger, Badger, Badger... Mushroom! Mushroom!