Re: strange install behavior

If they were both machines that never before had Cygwin
installed on them, then there would not be a difference
unless you had a ~/.bashrc already from somewhere else.
The alias you mentioned is in /etc/skel/.bashrc file but
it's commented out.  So there's no way that Cygwin could
give you that alias automatically.  It would require
manual intervention.

If you want to discuss this matter further on the list,
please read <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>, particularly
the part about cygcheck.  If you really think there's a
problem here with the install process in this regard, we
need to start getting very specific.  It's also worth
reviewing /var/log/setup.log.full from both machines if
you haven't rerun setup since the first installation.

Larry