Re: Souldn't we put [Cygwin] or [CygXwin] here depending on the question?

Jim Scheef wrote:

Dave and all,

I have been trying for weeks to find a way to sort these messages in the Netscape 7 version of Mozilla Mail. Nothing has worked. Adding a consistent flag to the subject line like [cygwin] would make the sorting trivial. If it took the list administrator 15 minutes to make this change, it could save the list users many man-years of effort trying to make the filtering work in their email clients.

Thanks,
Jim

Sorry to reply to the list, but having another reply on list can't hurt :)

The way I've done this in mozilla and thunderbird (so I assume netscape 7 will be the same). Go to Tools, Message Filters (I assume it will be in the same place in netscape 7) and make new rule.

From the drop down box that says "subject", select "To or CC". Leave the "contains" the same, and stick cygwin@cygwin.com in the box at the end.

The if you look down under "perform these actions" you can select "move to folder" and choose a folder to send it to. Make similar filters for cygwin-apps / cygwin-x / etc.

Note: in the message filters box, look at the top where it says "filters for:". make sure you have the correct account selected!

Also, if you want to test your new shiny filter, if you click on it there is a "run now!" option!

Hope that is a simple enough guide :)

Chris