Re: ppd

Christopher Spears wrote:

> 2% (date; du ~) | ./ppd.txt ~/disk_storage&
>
> Nothing is prepended to disk_storage!  I created
> disk_storage before running this script because I was
> getting an error message when the script could not
> find a file with that name.  Can anyone tell me what I
> have done wrong?  Any suggestions on writing scripts
> in cygwin would be appreciated, too!

I tried your script exactly as above and it worked fine for me.
However, in the above command you are including "&" on the end which
means the job is run in the background.  For me it took du several
minutes to rummage through my home directory.  If you have a lot of
stuff there I suspect you just weren't patient enough.

Brian