Re: Uninstall packages/dependecies

* Larry Hall (2004-04-08 23:22 +0100)
> At 03:48 PM 4/8/2004, you wrote:
>>I'm curious if there is a way to force the setup.exe to disable
>>automatic dependecies and automatic package upgrade/selection.  It
>>makes it quite inconvient when trying to uninstall many packages from
>>the system (whole categories), but when clicking on a few stray ones
>>(to set to skip/uninstall) it automatically checks a ton more.
>
> Do you have a specific example of this?

Try to uninstall any two packages where one depends on the other one,
for instance bash and cygwin. Choose to uninstall Cygwin in Setup.exe
and then try to choose to uninstall bash[1]. It first selects
"reinstall" and this turns "keep" for Cygwin on again. Now imagine
Cygwin wouldn't be placed underneath bash but some place where you
can't see it.

It's a design bug of Setup.exe...

Thorsten

[1] Okay, this doesn't make sense but it was the only example where I
knew the dependency