	From: Ross Ridge [mailto:rridge@csclub.uwaterloo.ca]
	Sent: Mon 4/19/2004 9:40 PM
	To: cygwin@cygwin.com
	Subject: RE: Cygwin make thinks a statement can be neither true nor false....

	>  Possibly a bug in make, as I'd expect it to complain
	>about an undefined function named "error:".

	I would've expected it to complain about a bad substition reference,
	ie. it's missing an "=".

	> Similar constructs are also silently ignored:
	>
	>  $(foo This isn't a valid make function)
	>  $(bar Neither is this)

	Since "foo" and "bar" aren't functions supported by GNU Make these are
	just simple variable references.  Eg:

	        foo This isn't a valid make function=one
	        bar Neither is this=two

	        test:
	                echo $(foo This isn't a valid make function)
	                echo $(bar Neither is this)

	                                                Ross Ridge

	--
	 l/  //   Ross Ridge -- The Great HTMU