Re: write hangs on socket shut down for writing

On Apr 21 02:36, Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 10:46:59AM +0200, Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
> > Did you try it with a recent Cygwin version?  I used your above test
> > application and I'm getting a EPIPE (resp. a SIGPIPE) as expected.
>
> I think I had heard that others were not seeing this failure.  I'm
> attaching an strace from my test program in case that may be helpful.
> Is there anything you can think of that might make a difference?

Would you mind to debug that by yourself?  You are seeing this problem so
I guess you're the best person to debug that problem.  Setting a breakpoint
to 'fhandler_socket::sendmsg(msghdr const*, int, int)' should be fine.
I can't see any reason for Cygwin to do that.  There's no loop anywhere
which could run endlessly.  So either WSASendTo itself hangs, which is
pretty unlikely for overlapped sockets, or WSASendTo returns SOCKET_ERROR
and WSAGetLastError returns WSA_IO_PENDING so that WSAWaitForMultipleEvents
in wsock_event::wait hangs.  Any chance that a firewall or anti-virus
software is interfering?

Corinna

Cygwin Co-Project Leader          mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com
Red Hat, Inc.