DBD-Oracle error building on cygwin1.5.9

Hi,

I've been trying to recompile and install DBD-Oracle (1.12-1.15 ) against
the newest perl 5.8 on cygwin1.5.9  .    It works fine on the perl 5.6 group
( as long as I follow the readme) but on perl5.8 I get a compile error; an
undefined reference to "_OCILobWriteAppend"  .  On searching for that
specific error there is a newsgroup article from the author Tim Bunce from
March 03 that this is a known error in 1.15,  and he suggests a possible
patch and also suggests that there are (unspecified) ways around this issue
until he can realease a DBI-Oracle with a fixed OCILobWriteAppend.   Well,
the patch didn't work for me,  and now I'm wondering if there is anyone out
there that has gotten this thing to build on cygwin!  I'd hate to have to go
back to perl 5.6.

Thanks
Bruce Dobrin
dobrin@imageworks.com