RE: cygrunsrv

At 09:18 AM 4/23/2004, you wrote:
>>When I try to install services using cygrunsrv, the XP service manager
>>always lists the path to the executable as cygrunsrv rather than the
>>executable I tried to install.  What might I be doing wrong?
>>Thanks...
>
>Possibly nothing.
>
>Looking at my services, cron/inetd/sshd, all of which are working and
>all of which were basically default installs, I note that cron and sshd
>both show the path to the executable as cygrunsrv.

Right.  There is nothing wrong with this.  'cygrunsrv' is the program that's
run to start the Cygwin service you want.  The service is a parameter that's
stored with the registry.  You can see the information you're looking for
with the following:

cat /proc/registry/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/<service name>/Parameters/AppPath

where <service name> is the name you gave to the service at install time.

Holliston, MA 01746