Re: How to set the colors of terminfo's standout mode?

Alejandro López-Valencia wrote:
> At 04:33 a.m. 28/04/2004, Frank Slootweg wrote:
> >   So I think the standout/'inverse video' colors are set somewhere
> > else, but I do not know where. That is the problem, and is confirmed
> > by the fact that "tput smso" shows the same behaviour. (BTW, the
> > normal, non-inverse-video, colors for a "Command Prompt" 'DOS'
> > window are set in the Properties of that window, but there there are
> > no settings for inverse-video.)
>
> Gotcha. I missed that part.
>
> OK. In my experience, you can set the fg/bg colors the way you want by
> modifying the system settings in the shortcut (right-click on window
> bar and modify properties there), or by using *bold colors* in your
> definitions. For some reason, in the win32 console \e[00;30m is grey
> and \e[01;30m is white.

  Getting closer! As I mentioned, Properties has no settings for
inverse-video and bold colors (I assume you mean the colors of bold
fonts) did not help, but ... :

  (In combination with "tput smso",) I get black for \e[00;30m and white
for \e[01;30m (remember that my 'DOS' window is black-on-white, so
opposite from a normal Cygwin bash window). So with these kinds of
escape sequences I *do* seem to have some kind of control over the
colors, I just do not have the *right* colors yet.

  Is there a place where all these (I assume ANSI) escape sequences for
colors are listed? When I have that information, I can probably untic an
existing terminfo entry, modify it and tic it back to another name and
use that.