Re: AS Perl versus cygwin Perl

Hi,
I still use Active State Perl rather than cygwin's native Perl, the
reason being that I have trouble intalling Perl modules via > cpan in
particular the MySQL DBIs & DBD, cpan keeps finding other modules
which need installing before giving up. Whereas the AS PPM (Perl
Package Manager) works everytime.

Is this just my experience? (I've tried disabling AS-Perl before doing
my installs)
zzapper (vim, cygwin, wiki & zsh)
--

vim -c ":%s/^/WhfgTNabgureRIvzSUnpxre/|:%s/[R-T]/ /Ig|:normal ggVGg?"

http://www.vim.org/tips/tip.php?tip_id=305 Best of Vim Tips

I use Cygwin Perl and set $PERLIO=crlf because I have a lot of scripts processing IO from other windows tools.
But I have to remember to unset $PERLIO becfore using CPAN otherwise it fails! But after that, I have had no problems using the CPAN module.

Jason