Re: shutdown( socket, SHUT_WR ) - unexpected behaviour - RESOLVED

> Possible, but I suspect it's a problem on Jacek's machine.
>
> Jacek: Win2K SP2 is pretty ancient. Is it possible to try this on a
> later SP? (SP4 is the latest, and there have been numerous hotfixes
> since it was released.)

I've installed SP4 (had most of hotfixes already) but it didn't fix
problem.

However I found source of bug.  Norton Internet Security was messing
with sockets.  Removing NIS related entries in
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ and rebooting did
solve problem.  So, bye bye NIS, will have to tighten ifpw instead.

Thanks all for help.

Best regards,
Jacek.