Re: Running cygwin for AMD 64 platform

On Wed, 5 May 2004, loan stocker wrote:

> I was trying to get cygwin running for AMD 64
> platform. But bombs on me after " fork error " . I
> have read from the grapevine that there are patches
> for this which require me download the source and
> compile it. But I dont know how to compile cygwin
> sources if I dont have cygwin running in the first
> place.

Cross compile, compile on another machine that Cygwin does work on, etc.

> If anybody has done this, can you please give me step
> by step breakdown of this can be done?
> thanks

Unless you plan on hacking those sources yourself to make it work (AFAIK,
the patches you describe alone do not), I'd suggest you just sit back and
wait on:

Brian Ford
Senior Realtime Software Engineer
VITAL - Visual Simulation Systems
FlightSafety International
the best safety device in any aircraft is a well-trained pilot...