RE: Autarkic fortune/strfile usage possible?

[1]

> >  This time I believe he even bites his own tail ;-p .
> >
> >The OP has no other way than actually use cygwin (i.e.  the
> >cygwin1.dll) - thus m[rs] OP should be welcome here - according to any
> >rules I can understand.  Nuff said.
>
> What an odd interpretation of my email.
>
> I did not say there was no other way to do this.  I pointed the "OP" at
> the mingw project web page.  If there is another way, that project would
> be the appropriate place to start looking.
>
> There's certainly no reason to do what you seem to be suggesting and lie
> to someone to keep them "within the cygwin fold" or to encourage people
> to talk about applications that have nothing to do with cygwin.
>
> If this is really the way you want to do things then I strongly
> encourage you to start your own mailing list.  You can even fill it with
> your own non-boring and productive missives, assuming you are capable of
> such things.
[5]

> cgf

<pondering> Allright, I'll bite - a bit. The following is just my personal
POV and nothing else, there is no need to take offence - the intention is
nothing in line with that; I'll tell you some hard facts from *my* POV.

 First; [1] might be fun for some people - I'm NOT one of those.
 I *DISPISE* people making fun of someone[3] who is _trying_ to be serious.
(There is a lot of similes(wd? comparable stories) to be told here)

 The style and tone here on the list has a lot of "WJM" at times[7]. Beeing
some kind of guru doesn't excuse beeing rude[2], for whatever the reason.
The sentence at [5] should be included here - you never pondered a tiny bit
on _why_ I wrote the above, did you?

 PGA to that style of writing. Or should I say PSBGA. (SB=Should Be)

To conclude it all:
 IMO you could achieve the same with more style, yet be as effective - or
might it even be MORE[6] effective - by adding some of those belowed[4]
"Please"-words. Thus not demolishing bridges behind you...

[2] apply any shade, nuance or gradation yourself - I'm too tired.
[3] his/hers wording, style of speach, mistake - you name it.
[4] by english speaking people (Not all langauges has a word like that)
[6] I would put a _very strong_ emphasise here, if I were speaking.
[7] I'm specially appalled when I see "WJM" in response to a first time
poster.

Now, EOT for the time beeing.

/Hannu E K Nevalainen, B.Sc. EE - 59+16.37'N, 17+12.60'E

** on a mailing list; please keep replies on that particular list **

-- printf("LocalTime: UTC+%02d\n",(DST)? 2:1); --
--END OF MESSAGE--