Re: GPL violation ?

Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com> writes:

> As I am sure you know, mentioning the GPL always starts a Rube
> Goldberg reaction of interpretation from would-be lawyers, zealots,
> or people who are unsatisfied with following the rules and assume
> they should have more rights to the software than the owners of the
> software intend to provide.

Good point.  If only everybody had the same charming personality as
you, we would not have such problems.  What a shame!  Maybe someday...

Personally, I always follow the rules.  I just think it is idiotic to
enforce them on some poor academic distributing unmodified binaries
whose source is widely available.

On the other hand, if some corporation is making money distributing
GPL'd code without source, they should clearly be nailed to the wall.
Here's wishing the best to Red Hat's lawyers.

 - Pat "YANALATEYHSMBSI" LoPresti