RE: Executable links?

4) seems to me not worth the effort.  It works for executables but isn't any
use for any other filetype at all; it only works for executing those
executables, not for reading them as ordinary files or ls'ing or rm'ing
them; it seems like a bad kludge that introduces a lot of complications in
exchange for which it only solves one limited case of one limited aspect of
the general problem.

    cheers,
      DaveK