Running mutt with ssmtp with cygwin on windows 2003

Hi all,

I already made a few installations of cygwin on Windows (NT, XP and 2000) and it
was no problem to configure mutt to use ssmtp for sending mail.

However I am failing on Windows Server 2003.

The error I am getting is:

$ echo hallo | mutt -s new_test sir.blubber@ch.mycompany.com
Error sending message, child exited 127 (Exec error.).
Could not send the message.

On my XP machine it even runs without local .muttrc, but to be sure I created
the .muttrc with following content:

set sendmail="/usr/sbin/ssmtp"

Within mutt I can see that this setting is activated with ':set ?sendmail'.

Again, it all works on my XP PC, but it does not on the Windows Server 2003.

I made no change to /etc/Muttrc that is installed by Cygwin.

ssmtp seems to work, I can send myself empty mail with it.

I also looked into the workings of windows with the filemonitor of sysinternals,
and it seems that ssmtp is never really called, there is no entry of it. But I
cannot find out if ssmtp is really not called by mutt, or that Windows 2003
somehow blocks the call to ssmtp.

I am using the following versions:

ssmtp 2.60.4
mutt 1.4.1
CYGWIN_NT 5.1

There is a suggestion of a Windows expert that Windows Server 2003 is has more
restrictive permissions then the other Windows'. I did change the permissions
for ssmtp and mutt so that al users may 'read and execute', but it made no
difference.

Could somebody help me finding out what is going wrong?

Gert