Re: Unsufficient number of semaphores in a set

On May 19 02:08, Krzysztof Duleba wrote:
> Hello
>
> I expreience strange Cygwin behaviour when I try to create a big semaphore
> set. I wrote a simple test case as following:
> [...]
> My Cygwin returns:
>
> $ echo 59|./semtest
> ok
>
> $ echo 60|./semtest
> ok
>
> $ echo 61|./semtest
> 22; Invalid argument
>

> On my friend's Linux box:
>
> $ echo 61|./semtest
> ok
> $ echo 250|./semtest
> ok
> $ echo 251|./semtest
> 22; Invalid argument
>

> In /usr/include/cygipc/sys one can find
>
> #define SEMMSL  32              /* <= 512 max num of semaphores per id */
>
> It's obviously not the case. How can I have Cygwin allowing semaphore set
> of size 250?

First question:  Are you using cygipc or cygserver?

If you're using cygipc, somebody else will have to answer your question.

If you're using cygserver, the include files in /usr/include/cygipc
are irrelevant.  Look into /usr/include/sys.  If you want to change
the values, reading /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/cygserver.README will help.

Corinna

Cygwin Co-Project Leader          mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com
Red Hat, Inc.