Re: How To Export NFS?

I'm going start off by stating the obvious. After starting the daemons, make sure that they are really running. After the mount do the check again. Make sure that you can ping the box you want to access.

Try removing the broadcast and submask from the exports file.

If everything seems to be running, then stop the daemons and start them again with debugging turned on. You'll need two bash windows opened for this.
rpc.mountd -F -d all
rpc.nfsd -F -d all

This will run the commands in the foreground and show all messages. If you don't need all messages don't use -d all.

When running as a back ground process, you can check the log messages in the Event Viewer or /var/log/*.log

On your linux machine, check the log files also.

If you already got this to work.. Good job, what did you do.

Peter