Re: PATH and HOME in cygwin

Hello

David Fay wrote:

I am trying to set my PATH and HOME in cygwin. Under the /etc/profile file it says to change the bashrc.bash file and I have amended this but still no change. I also see there is a .bash_profile file in both the /etc/defaults/etc/skel and /etc/skel. I originally thought that this is the file I would amend but I expected this to be in my home directory. Any suggestions?
Processing of bash startup files is rather complicated. It depends on how it was called and with what options. You should view man or info pages for bash, section about startup files.