Re: gcc Unicode and _WinMain@16

At 22:46 01/06/2004 -0400, Larry Hall wrote:

This is really a question for the MinGW list at mingw.org.  You're using
the -mno-cygwin switch to gcc which means you're not using Cygwin.  By
definition, this fact makes the question off-topic for this list.  If
you google around a bit though, you'll probably find out why you get this
problem.  Setting UNICODE changes the provided entry point to
wWinMainCRTStartup.  You'll need to specify this entry point explicitly
in your link line to get it to build properly.

Hi Larry, Thanks for the reply, unfortunately -mno-cygwin seems to be a bit of a step child, the MinGW group considers it a Cygwin topic, and the Cygwin group considers it a MinGW topic.

I did spend a fair bit of time using google, before posting to the group,
unfortunately I was unable to find an answer, other than realising that I
would need to change the entry point. I have tried various entry points:
-e _wWinMainCRTStartup
-e wWinMainCRTStartup
-e WinMainCRTStartup
etc.
All of these give the error :  "cannot find entry symbol .." as well
as the undefined reference to `_WinMain@16' error.
Using
-e _WinMainCRTStartup
I don't get the "cannot find entry symbol ...", but still get the undefined
reference to _WinMain@16.
I have pretty much exhausted all the search terms I can think of in google,
so any help would be appreciated.
Regards,
Clive