Re: Error message from antiword since upgrade to cygwin 1.5.10

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

> Hi Igor,
>
> > The line '0x00 0x0000 # NULL' (with or without whitespace between '#' and
> > 'NULL') appears in most of the mapping files (except roman.txt,
> > MacRoman.txt, and UTF-8.txt), not just cp125[012].txt -- just "grep NULL
> > *.txt".  It doesn't seem to make much difference, but the three files you
> > listed above are in DOS (CRLF) format, roman.txt is in Mac (CR) format,
> > and the rest are in Unix (LF) format.
>
> > The error above can be reproduced by running "antiword -m <filename>",
> > where <filename> is a mapping file.  FWIW, "antiword -m roman.txt"
> > produces gobs of errors.  IIUC, the '#' should start a comment, so
> > whitespace differences after '#' shouldn't matter.
>
> The file roman.txt should only be needed for Mac systems where it hould
> work.  Cygwin sees here no linebreaks at all.

Fair enough.

> > Incidentally, it used to be possible to specify the mapping file name
> > without the .txt at the end (e.g., "antiword -m cp1251").  It now seems
> > necessary to add the ".txt" to the filename.
>
> At least with cygwin 1.5.9 it seems that this is not possible:
>   I can't open your mapping file (koi8-u)
>
> Seeing the relevant code it was never possible, however, I'm learning C
> right now and I patched the options.c file to enable this, I hope it
> works.

Well, IMO, the best place to patch this would be in chartrans.c, where
bReadCharacterMappingTable() tries to open the file (if it's NULL, try
adding ".txt" and opening that)...

> Everything works ok with cygwin-1.5.9.  I'll try to recompile with
> 1.5.10 later, maybe that helps...
>
> Gerrit

Try the attached patch.  FWIW, it seems like there's a bug here, but
sscanf used to mask it.  Was there a change in the sscanf implementation
since 1.5.9?
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/