Fork, xemacs 21.4.13, and shell-mode

Hi,

I use shell-mode in xemacs with cygwin. This works great on a unix system, but with the cygwin version, xemacs sometimes goes crazy and takes 100% of the CPU and I often have to kill xemacs. I think it's related to shell-mode because sometimes when I kill a shell-mode window, the CPU usage goes back to normal.

This just happened to me again and when I try to exec another process from xemacs itself, I get the following error:

Doing fork: Resource temporarily unavailable

However, in my other shell-mode buffer where I'm running bash, I can fork a new process such as run "ls".

Anyone else see this or have suggestions on how to debug it?

-Edwin