Re: Annoucement: GCC-3.4.0 binary release candidat

At 09:04 AM 6/8/2004, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

Hi Arthur,

you wrote:

> Configure was vanilla flavored. If I remember, something like
> "./configure".

I don't believe the defaults are entirely adequate nowadays, even for linux. I usually copy my own previous configure parameters, or those reported by someone else whose testsuite results look OK.

So it seems I have no luck with Java and probably I'll release gcc-3.3.3
without Java included.

If someone with a fast machine could test / track down whether it is
a libjava / gcjh problem or if it is a problem with cygwin-1.5.10
(which is the version I'm currently using).

I also tried the 2004-06-04 cygwin snapshot with the same result.

No matter if you take 3.3.3, 3.3.4 or 3.4.0, I cannot build libjava in
all three versions.

My next bet is to downgrade to cygwin-1.5.9 and try if this works
better.

As you''ve probably noticed (I've reported each testsuite to gcc-testsuite), libgcj has continued to build on my 3.3.3 and 3.3.4 installations, on cygwin-1.5.9-1. Many of the exception handling cases in the testsuite hang until timeout. I'm mildly curious about the pch facility of 3.4, whether it is out of reach on Windows. I'm more curious to know how others managed to build gfortran of 3.5.

Tim Prince