RE: Cygwin and xinetd

I found that I needed the chkconfig package too. Thanks

Anyways, now I am unable to enable xinetd. Here's what I did.

		cygrunsrv -I xinetd -d 'Cygwin xinetd' -p
/usr/sbin/xinetd -a -d -e CYGWIN=ntsec
		cygrunsrv -E xinetd
		cygrunsrv -S xinetd

When I execute "cygrunsrv -S xinetd", I get the following error:
	cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus:  Win32
error 1062:
	The service has not been started.

I checked the Event Viewer and here is the event log

6/8/2004	10:52:44 PM	xinetd	Error	None	0	NT
AUTHORITY\SYSTEM	GEMSWINXPV101	The description for Event ID ( 0
) in Source ( xinetd ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have
the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display
messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE=
flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The
following information is part of the event: xinetd : PID 3544 : starting
service `xinetd' failed: execv: 1, Operation not permitted.

	Any ideas?

Girish