Re: Can run.exe be packaged separately from X?

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, Volker Quetschke wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > I recently discovered the great advantages of rxvt and then found that the
> > run program is useful for running it from an icon.
> Maybe I miss something, but you don't need run to start rxvt from an
> icon. This is what I did:
>
> Create a shortcut on your desktop with:
>
> Target:
> C:\cygwin\bin\rxvt.exe -cr green -sl 1000 -tn xterm -e /usr/bin/bash
> --login -i
>
> Start in:
> C:\cygwin\bin
>
> Thats it. (You don't have to use the -cr -sl and -tn switches, but I
> like it that way ;) )

Thanks!

When I first played with rxvt two months ago I tried a similar shortcut
and found that this started a DOS window as well that could not be killed
without killing the rxvt window.  This was in line with what some of the
documentation predicted - and the same documentation suggested using run
to take care of the problem.  That's how I got into using run.

Now I have tried your shortcut and it works without creating a DOS window.
There is the slight disadvantage that the window does not pop up but
starts out parked in the task bar.  Does this happen for you?

David