Re: Cygwin and X

Don't know,

Still seems a valid question for this list to me. It's still a cygwin- question, not so ? Erik can install Exceed on his PC, and use a graphical X11- environment (e.g. kde-cygwin) started from within Cygwin, and running on his Exceed X11- server, can't he ?

e.g.  (hypothesis shell == bash, PC running X11- server= bbbPC)
in Windows:
- activate your Exceed X11- server     (make sure every user can connect)
in Cygwin:
- export DISPLAY=bbbPC:0
- kmines &   (or some other graphical program)

There's a lot of other possible X11- configurations, this is just a (very) simple one. There's a lot more explanation to be found on such X11- issues and configuration in the different Linux HOWTO's, though ... (try www.tldp.org).

BUT, Erik, I would by far *not* exclude a WRONG DNS (be it client or server) setup for your computer (/network), as I once had a similar performance issue indeed result in very poor X performance ... (and ... that was with ... Exceed)

Kind regards

Philippe

Brian Ford wrote:

Since this is Cygwin/X related, you have chosen the wrong list to post to.
Please read http://cygwin.com/lists.html for more information.  I have
redirected this thread to the cygwin-xfree list.