Re: License issue

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

On Jun 15 13:51, Avraham H. Fraenkel wrote:

If I am writing a short C program, comply it with GCC, and put the exe and the cygwin dll in my site, should I add something?

Yes, the sources of your application as well as the sources of the
Cygwin DLL, according to the GPL.  If you don't distribute the sources,
you don't apply to the licensing.

IANAL(Y)... =)

Well you exactly don't have to but sources on (same) web site...

For further information see:

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#TOCDistributeWithSourceOnInternet

And few headers downwards. That should answer to most of questions.

--

Jani Tiainen