Re: higher-level IO very slow with cygwin1.dll 5.10 (due to set_flags?)

On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 11:14:17PM -0400, sevenrider@express56.com wrote:
>I am just asking again about this problem in the hopes that someone
>might have anything to suggest.  It seems that fopen is 10 to 20 times
>slower than open on my I/O operations due to large delays in executing
>a system call "set_flags".  I will have to rewrite all my code and
>abandon most of the text utility programs like "grep" and "sort" unless
>I can figure out what is going on.

Seems like if you are going to go to the effort of rewriting everything
you might first want to debug cygwin and find out where the time is
going...
--
Christopher Faylor			spammer? ->	aaaspam@sourceware.org
Cygwin Co-Project Leader				aaaspam@duffek.com