RE: Debugging help with cygwin1!_alloca ()

  Ah.  Well, the way that would go wrong would be if you'd trashed your
stack in someway with a stray pointer or by overflowing an automatic array
variable.

  However, we don't actually know whether your code was in alloca or not,
because you're presumably running with an ordinary version of the cygwin
dll, and that won't have any debugging info in it.  In that case, _alloca is
merely the nearest symbol to the eip at the point when the SEGV occurs.

  Does your code invoke alloca?

    cheers,
      DaveK