Vedr.: Re: Vedr.: Re: OpenSSH under the CYGWIN package, does not read domain groups in /etc/group file.

I have been making both the passwd and group files using the -d option.

When I log on as a domain user I get the same result as previus:
><snip>
>
>>Output from d:\programmer\cygwin\bin\id.exe (nontsec)
>>UID: ) GID: )
>
>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>This doesn't look good.  Did you edit this output?
>

>>Output from d:\programmer\cygwin\bin\id.exe (ntsec)
>>UID: ) GID: )
>
>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>Ditto
>

><snip>
If I log on as the local administrator I get this:
Output from d:\programmer\cygwin\bin\id.exe (nontsec)
UID: 500(Administrator) GID: 544(Administrators)
544(Administrators)

Output from d:\programmer\cygwin\bin\id.exe (ntsec)
UID: 500(Administrator) GID: 544(Administrators)
0(root)                 513(None)
544(Administrators)     545(Users)
10545(mkgroup-l-d)

This looks much better, I think.

I still think, this might have something to do, with my security settings.
When I try to run MKGROUP on the server, as the local admin. I get this
result:
$ mkgroup -d
NetGroupEnum() failed with 1326

And the mkpasswd command:
$ mkpasswd -d -u las -p /home
mkpasswd: [1326] Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

The way I have been making those 2 files, is I've run the commands on my
workstation, and copied them to the server (they are on the same domain).

Kind regards

Lars Søndergaard
ATP
Kongens Vænge 8