RE: Using GDB to debug ia64 files

OKay, so what soltuion do I have ?
I have downloaded Cygwi, especially the GDB 20030919-1 package (guess it's
what you call vanilla Windows GDB ?). I have tried to compile it for
architecture ia64-pc-cygwin, but it failed. Same for ia64-pc-elf.
I'de like to add PDB support to the BFD library, but I have problems finding
my way into the code. Have an idea of what to read/do first ?
If I can manage to add support of the PDB format to BFD, do you think I will
be able to do what I'de like to ? Is there a sufficient support in GDB for
doing what I'de like to ?

Last question : what is precisely this "vanilla Windows version of GDB"
you're talking of ? Where can I get it, if it's not the one of Cygwin ?

Vincent