"cd" in bash script not being executed

Hello, I am using the latest Cygwin under Windows XP Professional. Lately,
I've been playing around with the CVS version of emacs. I wrote a bash
script that is supposed to check out the files and compile. However, it
doesn't work, because the script fails to change directory. Here's the
script:
#!/bin/bash
export CVS_RSH="ssh"
cvs -z3 -d:ext:anoncvs@savannah.gnu.org:/cvsroot/emacs co emacs
cd emacs/nt/
configure.bat --with-msvc
mv ../lisp/url/vc-dav.el ../lisp/url/no.vc-dav.el.no
nmake bootstrap
nmake install

The cd emacs/nt/ command isn't executed so the commands following it fails.
Why and how do I fix it? I don't see any error messages pertaining to the cd
command when running the script. I simply see that it fails to find
configure.bat (since the directory wasn't changed) after cvs has finished.

/ Mikael