Re: error installing sshd on win2k3

Philip James <philip <at> rephil.com> writes:

> I am wondering if i can get some help. I am installing sshd on win2k3.
>
> this is the error i am getting.
>
> Please enter a password for new user 'sshd_server'.  Please be sure that
> this password matches the password rules given on your system.
> Entering no password will exit the configuration.  PASSWORD=1lovev1ctor1a
> Creating the user 'sshd_server' failed!  Reason:
> /usr/bin/ssh-host-config: line 482: net: command not found
>
> Please enter a password for new user 'sshd_server'.  Please be sure that
> this password matches the password rules given on your system.
> Entering no password will exit the configuration.  PASSWORD=
>
> Exiting configuration.  No user sshd_server has been created,
> no sshd service installed.
>
> please help!

This is the complete command I am running.

Administrator@ibm-server ~
$ ssh-config-host -y
bash: ssh-config-host: command not found

Administrator@ibm-server ~
$ ssh-host-config -y
Overwrite existing /etc/ssh_config file? (yes/no) yes
Generating /etc/ssh_config file
Overwrite existing /etc/sshd_config file? (yes/no) yes
Privilege separation is set to yes by default since OpenSSH 3.3.
However, this requires a non-privileged account called 'sshd'.
For more info on privilege separation read /usr/share/doc/openssh/README.privsep
.

Should privilege separation be used? (yes/no) yes
Generating /etc/sshd_config file

Warning: The following functions require administrator privileges!

Do you want to install sshd as service?
(Say "no" if it's already installed as service) (yes/no) yes

You appear to be running Windows 2003 Server or later.  On 2003 and
later systems, it's not possible to use the LocalSystem account
if sshd should allow passwordless logon (e. g. public key authentication).
If you want to enable that functionality, it's required to create a new
account 'sshd_server' with special privileges, which is then used to run
the sshd service under.

Should this script create a new local account 'sshd_server' which has
the required privileges? (yes/no) yes