Re: Where is libxml2.dll?

At 10:04 PM 7/11/2004, you wrote:
>What I meant to say was:
>
>What is the difference between /usr/local/bin and
>/usr/bin? Why are there two directories? It probably
>has something to do with unix compatibility.

/usr/local is reserved for stuff local to a particular machine,
while /usr is commonly installed software, sometimes even from
a network source.  But keep in mind that Cygwin doesn't use /usr/local
in it's packages.  On the other hand, 'nd.exe' isn't in any current
Cygwin package so it's clearly not required to conform to Cygwin
packaging guidelines.  As such though, discussion of it's
packaging or really any sort of problems with it is off-topic for
this list.  But I hope that answers your basic questions about
using it from emacs.