RE: HOw to install emacs?

The Cygwin version of emacs is separate and distinct
from the GNU version of emacs that (also) runs on Windows.

The Cygwin version should, by default, be installed
in your Cygwin path and can be started from a Cygwin
shell prompt with the command "emacs".  It will run
in the Cygwin command window that you have started,
i.e., a "no-window" version, unless you have installed
the Cygwin distribution of the X Windows software.