Re: scp with DOSish paths

On Jul 14 10:59, J?rg Schaible wrote:
> Hello,
>
> can anything be done (environmetn variable, option ?), that would allow scp to support DOSish absolute paths?

Nope.

> $ pwd
> /cygdrive/c
>
> $ scp 'C:\test\file.txt' host:/target/
> ssh: C: no address associated with name

foo:bar is the rsh/csh syntax for host:file, so no go here for DOS paths
with drive letter.

> $ scp '\test\file.txt' host:/target/
> \test\file.txt: No such file or directory

That works for the \foo\bar path on the source side, but it will
expanded incorrectly on the host side which will think that the new
file has to get the name /target/\test\file.txt.

It works as you like if the call explicitely uses the destination file name:

  scp '\test\file.txt' host:/target/file.txt

Corinna

> $ scp 'test\file.txt' host:/target/
> test\file.txt                                                    100% 7395     7.2KB/s   00:00
>

> Background: scp is called by a Java application (Maven) and I cannot even wrap the call with a script.

Sure you can.  Create a script called "scp" which is in Maven's $PATH
before /usr/bin.

Corinna

Cygwin Co-Project Leader          mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com
Red Hat, Inc.