Setup installing xerces libraries for no apparent reason

When checking for upgrades from ftp://mirrors.rcn.net/pub/sourceware/cygwin
libxerces-c21, libxerces-c22, and libxerces-c23.  I hadn't had these before
and wanted to see what was now requiring them, so I looked in setup.ini.
The best I could tell, the only thing that requires them is xerces; I do not
have xerces and nothing requires xerces.  (In vim, /requires.*xerces goes
only to xerces-c.  I also checked setup.ini on
ftp://mirrors.kernel.org/sources.redhat.com/cygwin/ and it was identical.

I have, in the recent past, played with using setup to install packages from
http://cygwin-ports.sourceforge.net/install.  I don't think I have anything
from there installed, and setup.ini from there does not seem to include
anything that requires xerces or its libraries.

Although I can live with this annoyance (assuming that my chosen packages do
not really require the xerces libraries), I'm reporting this in case this
indicates a bug in setup.  If the problem is really how I'm reading
setup.ini or understand how setup works, I'd appreciate any education in
what I've missed.

And thanks to the setup crew for all their work.

- Barry