Re: Whack-a-Mole: Purging Cygnus from Registry

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> This mailing
> list is for support of the official Cygwin net release from
> http://cygwin.com/ only.

What Corinna said, but since it sounds like you are *trying* to use official
Cygwin but being thwarted by BackupPC's bundle, I thought I'd suggest a few
things.

Potentially, anything using the cygwin1.dll could be creating the keys. Try
removing *all* copies of the DLL, removing the keys, rebooting, and see if
you get and "failed to find required DLL" popups.

If not, they are being re-created by some custom piece of BackupPC. Ask on
their mailing lists.

Max.