Re: MapViewOfFileEx errors with cygwin1-20040716 snapshot

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> > > Actually, this is what's weird.  The messages from open_shared() and
> > > fixup_shms_after_fork() are subtly different, and I don't recall the
> > > name of the shared region (or, for that matter, anything in single
> > > quotes) being printed, so I guess the message came from
> > > fixup_shms_after_fork(). I've since tried to reproduce it under
> > > strace, and failed.  The three times I saw the message, one was from
> > > inside cvs.exe, and two were from inside ssh.exe, if that helps any.
> > > The next time I get this error, I'll
> >
> > None of these apps use XSI shared memory.  In theory that only can
> > happen if sph_list is not all zero in a forked application.  But that
> > should only happen if the parent used XSI shared memory...
> >
> > > copy/paste the exact message and the exact sequence of actions that
> > > led to it.  Please let me know what else I can do to help track this
> > > down.
> >
> > Do you have Cygserver running?  If yes, does that also happen if it
> > doesn't run or CYGWIN != "server"?
> >
> > Corinna
>
> Nope, I don't have cygserver running.  My $CYGWIN is "check_case:strict
> ntsec notitle binmode nosmbntsec notty".  If you want to put some more
> debugging info in all the places the above message can appear, I'll use
> the new snapshot and if I trip the error again, I'll post the output.
> 	Igor

Ok, I tripped the error again.  Here it is, in all of its pristine glory:

c:\cygwin\bin\vim.exe (2568): *** MapViewOfFileEx failed, Win32 error 6

Weirdly enough, I did not find this exact message anywhere in the sources
(there's only one occurrence of "MapViewOfFileEx failed" in the current
CVS, and it has other things in the message).  If anyone has any ideas
on where it's coming from, I'd appreciate a pointer.
HTH,
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/