Re: cygwin1.dll problem with Hyperthreaded machines (reprise)

On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 11:41:39AM -0400, Chuck McDevitt wrote:
>I've also been trying to convince my company to donate a hyperthreaded
>machine to someone on the cygwin project, but so far, management's
>reaction is "How do we know anyone will work on the problem, even if we
>give them a machine?" And I'm not even sure who we would send the
>machine to.

I would probably be the best candidate and I would work on it if a
machine was donated.

FWIW, I have a multi-cpu machine and have, in the past, run the
supposedly failing tests for days without problem.

Btw, please don't include raw email addresses in your replies.

cgf

Hello Christopher,

The problem only appears if there is something else running
on the box that is creating processes, such as a large make,
or some other kind of heavy load.

I've run the test for a good day or so on a box with no other load, and
the
problem didn't occur, but doing several makes and/or builds in Visual
Studio at
the same time, and the bug would occur very quickly.

P.s.  I've tried to get this stupid Lotus notes to not send any raw email
addresses, but
it's hard to tell what it is really sending, as it doesn't show me what
the e-mail will
look like to you.    Notes is a major pain-in-the-ass, but it's what I'm
stuck with here.