Re: cygwin1.dll problem with Hyperthreaded machines (reprise)

At 02:10 PM 7/30/2004, you wrote:

>Larry,
>
>this may be a language thing - English is not my native language) -
>but the script I provided does show the stated behaviour -it provides
>enough load in and of itself.   As I said, it sometimes fails after
>50 or so iterations, sometimes after 15000, but it does fail - and
>the machine is running no additional load  (of course, there is the
>usual plethora of programs, like Firewall, Virus scanner, etc)  The
>script is not run in a Cygwin box, but from windows using  bash
>httest.bash

OK, thanks.  I followed this subtle difference this time. ;-)  I'll try it
on my system and see if I can reproduce it.  We'll see what happens from
there.  Is it fair to assume that you've run the same thing with HT turned
off and that you don't see the problem?

Holliston, MA 01746