Re: "Can't get list of download sites."

At 04:03 PM 8/13/2004, you wrote:
>Tom Roche 12:42 PM 8/13/2004
>>> I recently upgraded my Cygwin, using setup.exe, and everything
>>> works nicely ... except setup! When I do <Install|Download> from
>>> Internet, I get the error dialog
>
>>> Error
>>> Can't get list of download sites.
>>> Make sure your network settings are correct and try again.
>
>Larry Hall 08/13/2004 02:56:26 PM:
>> If you're running ZoneAlarm5, try downgrading or uninstalling and
>> reinstalling a different firewall. ZoneAlarm affects your TCP/IP
>> stack even without it running.
>
>Hmm ... I've got Zone Labs Integrity Client 3.5, dunno how that
>relates, will check.

Ok, that's probably different then.  If you've made any changes recently
that affect your firewall, that's something to check though.

>> There have been lots of problems reported on the Cygwin/X list about
>> ZoneAlarm5, though the issues there are a bit different.
>
>AFAIK setup.exe has nothing to do with X--am I missing something?

No, you're not.  I brought up Cygwin/X to explain the source of the
information and issues surrounding ZoneAlarm.  X has nothing to do
with your problem.  But there's a (remote) chance that your 'setup.exe'
problem is firewall related.  That's all I was suggesting.

Holliston, MA 01746