Re: "Can't get list of download sites."

If ZoneAlarm affects Cygwin/X, there's a fair chance that there will be a
spate of problem reports coming in when users start upgrading to XP2
(XP-SP2) since it limits both in and outbound connections.  Not sure what
it does about loopback connections or loopback to one's own host IP.  Just
something I could see might be an upcoming set of pseudo-problems -- may
not affect cygwin or cyg/x, but certainly will create some need for users
to re-enable some ports for ssh and such to work.

I know...just stating the obvious for most....
-l

Larry Hall wrote:

Ok, that's probably different then. If you've made any changes recently that affect your firewall, that's something to check though.

There have been lots of problems reported on the Cygwin/X list about
ZoneAlarm5, though the issues there are a bit different.

AFAIK setup.exe has nothing to do with X--am I missing something?

No, you're not. I brought up Cygwin/X to explain the source of the information and issues surrounding ZoneAlarm. X has nothing to do with your problem. But there's a (remote) chance that your 'setup.exe'
problem is firewall related. That's all I was suggesting.

-- In the marketplace of "Real goods", capitalism is limited by safety regulations, consumer protection laws, and product liability. In the computer industry, what protects consumers (other than vendor good will that seems to diminish inversely to their size)?